The bachelor thesis is written by the bachelor, ie the student of the last year of the bachelor’s degree program of the university. The obligation to create and defend a bachelor thesis is given in the Higher Education Act.
While seminar papers tend to be in the “jurisdiction” of the relevant teacher and the course work is managed by the relevant department, the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral theses are dealt with in the documents valid for the entire faculty (university, university).
Many people are involved in the “administration” of such work, so a responsible approach is needed from the moment we think about what we will write about. We do not look for information on how to write a bachelor thesis, whether we can choose one or the other, what we have to fill in and when and to whom, etc., on student servers, but only on the faculty web site where we will pass the final state examination.
Assignment of bachelor thesis
Bachelor and master theses are entered in the penultimate year. It is no harm to create an action plan at the time, ie to plan the process of selecting the assignment, creating the work and preparing for the defense in relation to the dates given by the faculty.
First of all, you need to clarify from which “subject” we will write the work. There may be different conditions – who wants to take the state examination in subject A, must write a bachelor thesis from the subject B.
Then it is necessary to choose a topic from the offer of teachers. Sometimes a bakalant (ka) can suggest a custom theme; it has already happened that such a topic was approved by the supervisor, but the management of the department or faculty did not approve the assignment, going beyond a specified subject or field. The student learns this decision so late that he / she can no longer submit a new assignment in the given semester, thus delaying obtaining a bachelor’s degree by at least half a year.
Together with the supervisor, we will agree on what to fill in the job assignment form – there is the goal of the thesis, its contribution, the curriculum, the scope (30 – 60 pages plus attachments) and the list of literature. We will both sign the form, then the balalant (ka) will take it to the mailroom or department and wait for the department to receive an approved assignment (sometimes it is posted on a notice board or the dean approves the topic).
If we create “baculians” in cooperation with the operational or research department (this is an obligation for some fields), we must also enclose a faculty contract with this department. We will hide the approved assignment carefully, and at some faculties it must become part of the bound work.
Some faculties allow bakalants to design an opponent. Choosing an opponent can be a great and bad choice. An opponent directly with the practice will either help you or hurt you according to the quality of your workout.
The thesis is submitted at least 3 weeks before the defense. During this time, the supervisor and the opponent evaluate the work and write a report (example). Bakalant (ka) gets it about 5 days before the defense and, in addition to the! Overall impression, reads out where to defend the questions. (The faculty may stipulate the obligation to prepare a presentation for the defense.)
The bachelor thesis is to prove the student
- has the ability to present both a written and an oral problem and a proposal for its solution.
- has an overview of the relevant topic across the entire field
- can apply theoretical knowledge from individual subjects in solving a particular task and that they can combine theoretical knowledge with practical knowledge gained during the processing of this work or in their own practice.
With practical knowledge gained during this work or in their own practice.
- uses professional terminology correctly
- is able to write a professional text representing his / her professional knowledge and skills and to give him / her appropriate adaptation.
- can effectively select professional literature and use it appropriately
Not always we get a nice stamp for a timely submission or document. We have many years of experience with the preparation of materials for bachelor’s work. If you are unsure about any issues, please contact us. Universities create criteria for evaluating both year and final theses. Some are also evaluated in points or percentages. Ranking items may include:
- the appropriateness of the choice of topic in relation to the required scope of work, or whether and to what extent the assignment has been fulfilled
- overall text editing, front page processing, line spacing, page sorting, font size, typeface and typeface, paragraphs, headings, orientators
- linguistic accuracy and stylistic side
- structuring the text and arranging its parts
- the correct form of bibliographic citations
- Schools check the originality of the work and determine the “acceptable level of compliance”.